Welcome to the Pocatello Free Clinic (PFC). Patient care is provided in a friendly, non-judgmental atmosphere by professionals. To make the most of your healthcare visit, we recommend you prepare for your appointment using this guide, Making the Most of Your Healthcare Visit.
Patients at the Pocatello Free Clinic cannot have any form of insurance, including Medicare and Medicaid, and household income must be under 200% of the federal poverty level.
Please be aware of the following policies to ensure a satisfactory visit:
Please keep your appointment:
- Due to the large amount of people that need help, a patient can only miss 2 appointments without advance notice before they can no longer be seen in the medical clinic. The dental clinic has a zero tolerance for missed appointments. If a patient does not cancel 24 hours in advance they will no longer be eligible for care
Schedule your appointment in advance:
- Our schedule is variable, therefore we advise you make an appointment at least 10 days in advance. Please take note of when you will run out of your medications and schedule accordingly.
- Our medical and dental clinic have limited resources. We may not be able to provide for all of your healthcare needs.
- Taking medications incorrectly or sporadically is detrimental to your health. GoodRX is a valuable resource for comparing prices among area pharmacies. We also have several options for assistance:
- Each patient is eligible for a $200.00 lifetime stipend to be used for medications.
- Through a partnership with Bannock County, individuals can have 2 prescriptions, up to $200.00 paid for each year.
- Many pharmaceutical companies offer uninsured individuals assistance programs for expensive medications. We can aid you in this process
No narcotic or scheduled medications:
- Pocatello Free Clinic cannot prescribe, distribute, nor provide financial assistance for narcotic or scheduled medications. This is due to a lack of continuity among the providers of the clinic and a lack of resources.
- You are the most important part of your healthcare team. Health education is a priority at our clinic. We invite you to learn more about general health, your conditions, your medications, and lifestyle choices that can impact your health outcomes. PFC staff works hard to provide resources for our patients. Please, do your part and follow up with referrals and the resources we give you.
Attitude matters: You can be assured that you will be treated with respect and kindness at our clinic. We ask that you also treat our staff with respect and kindness. Patients who are aggressive, rude, disrespectful, or unpleasant will be asked to leave the clinic. Remember, most of our providers are volunteers who are taking time out of their lives to give back to the community. We encourage you to show your thanks.